Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
The Hooksett PTA's annual Thanksgiving Food Drive will be taking place between November 4th and November 20th. We are supporting the efforts of the Hooksett Food Pantry as they provide local families in need with non-perishable items for this Thanksgiving holiday and need YOUR help. Collection boxes will be placed at each classroom. Parents - why not bring an item to the parent/teacher conferences on Nov 12?
We ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- No glass jars or damaged items
- No expired food
- No personal care items
- No soda or candy
Items that the pantry would love to receive:
- PROTEINS - Peanut butter, tuna, canned chicken, SPAM and other conned meats, all beans (canned and dry), beef stew, chili
- PREPARED FOODS - macaroni & cheese, pasta, instant and boxed potatoes, stuffing mix, rice, conned soups or dried soup mix, spaghetti sauce and all tomato products, all soups and broths
- CANNED VEGETABLES - Corn, carrots, peas, green beans, beets, potatoes, etc.
- CANNED FRUITS - Pineapple, peaches, pears, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, (all sizes including snack packs), fruit juice (all sizes including juice boxes/bags), dried fruit including figs, apricots, raisins, and cranberries.
- OTHER ITEMS: dry cereal, hot cereal, cake mix & frosting, crackers, cookies, cereal bars
- UNIQUE ITEMS TOO: canned 4 bean salad, Vienna fingers, canned asparagus and artichokes, corn and flour tortillas, salsa, pop-tarts, coffee and tea, cocoa mix, wasabi peas, dressings and condiments, gravy, even canned bamboo shoots.