Hooksett PTA Scholarship
Attention High School Seniors!
$500 Hooksett PTA Scholarship
The Hooksett PTA is now accepting applications for their annual $500 scholarship. Established in the spring of 2004, the scholarship is awarded to a Hooksett student who has demonstrated community involvement through volunteer efforts and/or local program participation.
The PTA recognizes the importance of academic achievement; however, it is community service that will be the primary qualifying factor for this scholarship.
- Must be a graduating high school senior who will be enrolled full time in a post-secondary school and must attend said school for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Must be a graduate of David R. Cawley Middle School and have attended school in the Hooksett system for a minimum of 6 years.
- Must be a current resident of Hooksett, NH
Selection of recipient:
- Recipients must provide 1st semester grades with a GPA of 3.0 from college/university prior to receiving scholarship monies.
- Other factors that may be considered in the selection process include scholastic, extracurricular, leadership, club and athletic activity involvement. The committee would also like to know of any employment positions held.
- Financial need is not a requirement
- Though academic grade and/or high school transcripts may be included with this application, and a “C” or better average is desirable, the selection process will heavily weigh on the student’s community service involvement.
- Cover letter including name, address, phone number, and high school
- Essay describing applicant’s community service
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a civic or other relevant organization
- Additional information that would aid the scholarship committee in evaluating the application
Hooksett PTA President, Mike Dullen at email@example.com.
All applications must be emailed by April 30th, 2022.